Vermont American router bits are precision-engineered to provide the smoothest, most accurate cutting for professional craftsmen, carpenters, do-it-yourselfers and hobbyists. Available in carbide tipped, titanium coated and high speed steel styles.
Router Bit Types
Carbide Tipped – Specially formulated carbide grades for superior durability and cutting edges. 1/4” and 1/2” shanks are available.
Titanium Coated – Titanium nitride coating reduces heat and friction. Available with 1/4″ shanks.
High Speed Steel – Optimizes quality of cut in woodworking applications. Ideal for the occasional woodworker and do-ityourselfer. Available with 1/4″ shanks.
Color Coded Router Bit Selection Guide
- Straight/Mortising – Use straight bits for template cutting, rabbeting and trimming
- Trimming/Cutout – For fast smooth trimming and through cutting of laminates, plywood, paneling and other materials
- Cabinetry/Joinery – Use joinery bits for various types of joint applications
- Surface Forming – Use surface forming bits for grooving, lettering and sign
- Edge Forming – Use edge forming bits to add attractive edging on wood pieces
Vermont American’s Router Bit Features & Benefits
- Razor sharp cutting edges are diamond honed for satin smooth cuts.
- Radial relief eliminates friction and chatter.
- Optimized hook and shear angles for faster chip clearance and quicker feed rates.
- Ball bearing guides on selected edging and trimming bits prevent burning and marring.
- Triple tempered shanks for maximum durability.