Robert Bosch Tool Corporation
Vermont American My Remodel Contest
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
1. Eligibility. The Vermont American My Remodel Contest (“Contest”) is open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (other than the Province of Quebec) who are 18 years of age (or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, whichever is greater) or older as of date of their contest entry. Employees of Robert Bosch Tool Corporation (“Sponsor”), its distributors and dealers and their immediate families are not eligible. The Contest is governed by and subject to all U.S. federal, state and local laws. The Contest is void outside the U.S. and Canada, in the Province of Quebec, Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited by law. By participating in the Contest, Contestants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
2. Sweepstakes Period and Entry. The Contest period begins at 12:01 a.m. CST on Tuesday, June 1, 2014 and ends at 11:59 p.m. CST on Sunday, November 30, 2014 (“Promotion Period”). To enter the Contest, visit https://vermontamerican.com/contests/my-remodel-contest/ during the Promotion Period, submit a photo entry and written description of your remodelling project. Contestants will be required to provide certain registration information in order to participate in the Contest. In addition to registration information, Contestants must include project photos in .jpg format (maximum size 1 MB), together with a project title and written submission of no more than 500 characters that describes the remodeling project. The submission (including the photos and text) must be original, and should be informative, educational and/or entertaining. Photos submitted must be that of Contestant.
By entering the Contest and submitting an entry, Contestant represents and warrants that (a) Contestant owns all rights to all materials submitted, including the photo, video, images, graphic, text and script; (b) the submission is Contestant’s original work which has not been previously published or received any previous awards; (c) Contestant has obtained permission from each and every person who appears in the entry or whose name or likeness is used in the entry, and (d) the submission does not violate or infringe upon the copyright or other intellectual property right of any person. If an entry is made in violation of these rules, Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion reserves the right to disqualify Contestant from participation in the Contest and any other Sponsor promotions.
There is no limit on the number of entries that a Contestant may submit as long as the same (or substantially similar) entry is not uploaded more than once during the Promotion Period. Any entry received in violation of these Official Rules, including multiple entries, will be disqualified and only the first valid entry will be eligible to win a Prize.
3. Winners; Odds of Winning; Winner Responsibilities. Each entry will be judged by a panel of judges appointed by Sponsor based on the submission’s originality, usefulness, information value and potential for public acceptance or appeal.
Winners will be selected and announced as follows: One (1) winning entry will be selected monthly on each of the following dates: 7-1-2014, 8-4-2014, 9-2-2014, 10-1-2014, 11-3-2014 and 12-1-2014, from among all eligible entries received during the previous months until the Promotion Period ends. Odds of winning will depend on the number of qualifying entries received during each week. All decisions of the judging panel and Sponsor will be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will notify each winner by telephone or e-mail on or about 7-8-2014, 8-8-2014, 9-5-2014, 10-2-2014, 11-4-2014 and 12-2-2014 (each, a “Winner Notification”), and by entering the Sweepstakes, each winner consents to be so contacted. Entrants need not be present to win; however, to claim the Prize, winners (A) must meet all eligibility requirements, (B) may be required to produce proof of identity, address, and birth date, and (C) may be required to execute and return certain winner documents (as applicable), including an affidavit of eligibility; a liability and publicity release, and tax acknowledgement form. Each winner must respond to the Winner Notification within five (5) business days either via email or by calling the phone number provided on the Prize notification or the Prize will be relinquished and an alternate winner may be selected. If a winner fails to claim a prize within the 5-day period or is otherwise found to be ineligible, or if a Winner Notification is returned as undeliverable, the Sponsor, at its discretion, may select an alternate winner or declare the Prize relinquished. Failure to return any required documents within fourteen (14) days may also result in the selection or an alternate winner or Sponsor’s decision not to award the Prize.
4. Prize; Approximate Retail Value of Prize. One (1) prize will be awarded each month. Each monthly winner will receive one (1) of the following: Vermont American 13 Piece Titanium Twist Drill Bit Set (12385), Vermont American 6 Piece Spade Bit Set (14482) or Vermont American 21 Piece Screwdriver Bit Set with Storage Pouch and Belt Loop (16021). The winner may request a prize from the list above, but the final selection is to be made by Sponsor. The retail value of Vermont American 13 Piece Titanium Twist Drill Bit Set (12385) is approximately $21.00 (USD). The retail value of Vermont American 6 Piece Spade Bit Set (14482) is approximately $10.00 (USD). The retail value of Vermont American 21 Piece Screwdriver Bit Set with Storage Pouch and Belt Loop (16021) is approximately $10.00 (USD).
No Prize substitutions or cash equivalents of the Prizes will be permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion, and then only for a prize of equal or greater value. Sponsor reserves, at its sole discretion, the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater retail value. Sponsor will pay for standard ground shipping to a valid address within the United States or Canada, by a shipper selected by Sponsor. Allow 4-8 weeks for processing and handling. The Prize is non-transferable, non-assignable and non-redeemable in cash, except in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Limit one (1) Prize per household. Winners must provide a valid U.S. or Canadian mailing address for shipment of the Prize, and will be responsible for all federal, state, provincial and local taxes associated with receipt of the Prize.
6. Release of Liability. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant releases Sponsor, its affiliated entities and their respective officers, directors, agents, employees and all entities associated with the Sweepstakes (“Released Parties”) from any and all liability arising from participation in the Sweepstakes, or acceptance or use of the Prize. Entrant also agrees that the Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any injury, loss or damage to or incurred by a person, including death or property damage due in any manner to the acceptance, use, or misuse of the Prize or participation in the Sweepstakes.
7. Governing Law and Dispute Resolution. All controversies regarding the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law rules or provisions. For any controversy or claim that arises regarding the Sweepstakes and that is not resolved through negotiation, Sponsor and entrant agree to resolve such controversy or claim through binding arbitration in Chicago, IL, in accordance with the then current Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association, and judgment on any award made by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Any and all claims, judgments and awards will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorney’s fees. Under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages.
8. Additional Conditions of Participation, Rules and Restrictions. By submitting an entry, entrant represents and warrants that he/she is not participating in the Sweepstakes in the capacity of a reporter and that he/she will not write, blog about, publish or cause to be published any article or book about their participation therein.
Sponsor will not be responsible for (A) any typographical or other error in any communication relating to the Sweepstakes; (B) lost, illegible, late, misdirected, or incomplete, entries or emails; (C) technical hardware, software or network failures of any kind, including lost, unavailable network or interrupted satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), websites, telephone, cable or other connections; (D) any jumbled, incomplete, garbled, corrupted, scrambled, failed, delayed, or misdirected transmissions; (E) hardware, software or network malfunctions; (F) other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, or electronic; (G) any damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes or downloading or uploading of any materials.
Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to (i) abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes, without notice or other obligation, in the event that Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes or the integrity or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is undermined in any respect, including due to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, labor dispute, tampering, malfeasance or other unlawful act, or if, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, hacking, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes which, in sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes; (ii) determine winners from entries received prior to action taken, or as otherwise deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor; and/or (iii) disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry or judging or process or operation of the Sweepstakes. All entries submitted will become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
9. Names of Winners. To obtain the name of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Robert Bosch Tool Corporation, 1800 West Central Road, Mt. Prospect, IL 60056, Attention: Aaron Roecker, or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading Vermont American My Remodel Contest Winners. All such requests must be received by December 31, 2014.
Sponsored by Robert Bosch Tool Corporation
1800 West Central Road, Mount Prospect, IL 60056
All rights reserved