Robert Bosch Tool Corporation
Vermont American Carbon Steel Hole Saw Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
1. Eligibility. The Vermont American Carbon Steel Hole Saw Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia or Canada (other than the Province of Quebec) who are at least 18 years of age (or the age of majority in their respective jurisdiction of residence), whichever is greater, as of date of the Sweepstakes entry. Employees, directors and officers of Robert Bosch Tool Corporation (“Sponsor”); Sponsor’s affiliated companies, distributors, dealers and independent sales representatives and their immediate families are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or to win a Prize. The Sweepstakes is subject to all U.S. federal, state and local laws. The Sweepstakes is void outside the U.S. and Canada, in the Province of Quebec, Puerto Rico, other U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited by law. By participating in the Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
2. Sweepstakes Period and Entry. The Sweepstakes period begins at 12:01 a.m. CDT on Thursday, May 1, 2014 and ends at 11:59 p.m. CDT on Sunday, August 31, 2014 (the Sweepstakes Period”). To enter the Sweepstakes, visit https://vermontamerican.com/contests/carbon-steel-hole-saw-sweepstakes/ during the Sweepstakes Period and register by completing and submitting the online entry form. Entrants will be required to provide certain registration information, consisting of entrant’s name, street address, e-mail address, city, state or province, zip or postal code and occupation. The duly completed and submitted entry form will operate as a Sweepstakes entry that affords entrant the chance to win a 5 Piece Vermont American Carbon Steel Hole Saw Set (18398) described in Section 4 below (the “Prize”).
Entries that are incomplete, unclear, indecipherable, or that otherwise fail to comply with these Official Rules will be ineligible to enter any of the drawings or to win a Prize. Limit one (1) entry during the Sweepstakes Period per person, household, dwelling, computer (home or business), e-mail address or e-mail account (home or business). Any entry submitted in violation of these Official Rules, including multiple entries, will be disqualified, and only the first valid entry will be eligible to win the Prize.
3. Winners; Odds of Winning; Winner Responsibilities; Special Requirements Applicable to Canadian Residents. A random drawing will be conducted on each of the following dates: 7-1-2014 and 8-4-2014, and 9-2-2014, and five (5) Sweepstakes winners will be selected in each of the three (3) drawings from among all eligible entries receivedas of 11:59 p.m. CDT on the day immediately preceding each drawing. Five (5) 5 Piece Vermont American Carbon Steel Hole Saw Sets (18398) will be awarded in each drawing. Valid or qualified non-winning entries will remain eligible for subsequent drawings during the remainder of the Sweepstakes Period.
Odds of winning will depend on the number of valid entries received, and Sponsor’s decision with regard to the determination of winners will be final and binding. Winners will be contacted by e-mail or telephone on or about 7-8-2014, 8-8-2014 and 9-5-2014 (each, a “Winner Notification”), and by entering the Sweepstakes, each winner consents to be so contacted. Entrants need not be present to win; however, to claim the Prize, winners (A) must meetall eligibility requirements, (B) may be required to produce proof of identity, address, and birth date, and (C) may be required toexecute and return certain winner documents (as applicable), includinganaffidavit of eligibility; a liability and publicity release, and tax acknowledgment form. Each winner must respond to the Winner Notification within five (5) business days either via email or by calling the phone number provided on the Prize notification or the Prize will be relinquished and an alternate winner may be selected. If a winner fails to claim a prize within the 5-day period or is otherwise found to be ineligible, or if a Winner Notification is returned as undeliverable, the Sponsor, at its discretion, may select an alternate winner or declare the Prize relinquished. Failure to return any required documents within fourteen (14) days may also result in the selection or an alternate winner or Sponsor’s decision not to award the Prize.
Special Requirements Applicable to Winners Who are Canadian Residents: As a condition of claiming and receiving the Prize, each winner who is a Canadian resident must correctly answer, within two (2) minutes, without assistance, the following skill testing question:
(5×2) + 12/3 – (4+6) + (7×3) =
4. Prize; Approximate Retail Value of Prize. Fifteen (15) Prizes will be awarded in total. Fifteen (15) winners will receive one 5 Piece Vermont American Carbon Steel Hole Saw Set (18398). The retail value is approximately $12.97 (USD).
No Prize substitutions or cash equivalents of the Prizes will be permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion, and then only for a prize of equal or greater value. Sponsor reserves, at its sole discretion, the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater retail value. Sponsor will pay for standard ground shipping to a valid address within the United States or Canada, by a shipper selected by Sponsor. Allow 4-8 weeks for processing and handling.The Prize is non-transferable, non-assignable and non-redeemable in cash, except in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Limit one (1) Prize per household. Winners must provide a valid U.S. or Canadian mailing address for shipment of the Prize, and will be responsible for all federal, state, provincial and local taxes associated with receipt of the Prize.
6. Release of Liability. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant releases Sponsor, its affiliated entities and their respective officers, directors, agents, employees and all entities associated with the Sweepstakes (“Released Parties”) from any and all liability arising from participation in the Sweepstakes, or acceptance or use of the Prize. Entrant also agrees that the Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any injury, loss or damage to or incurred by a person, including death or property damage due in any manner to the acceptance, use, or misuse of the Prize or participation in the Sweepstakes.
7. Governing Law and Dispute Resolution. All controversies regarding the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law rules or provisions. For any controversy or claim that arises regarding the Sweepstakes and that is not resolved through negotiation, Sponsor and entrant agree to resolve such controversy or claim through binding arbitration in Chicago, IL, in accordance with the then current Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association, and judgment on any award made by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Any and all claims, judgments and awards will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorney’s fees. Under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages.
8. Additional Conditions of Participation, Rules and Restrictions. By submitting an entry, entrant represents and warrants that he/she is not participating in the Sweepstakes in the capacity of a reporter and that he/she will not write, blog about, publish or cause to be published any article or book about their participation therein.
Sponsor will not be responsible for (A) any typographical or other error in any communication relating to the Sweepstakes; (B) lost, illegible, late, misdirected, or incomplete, entries or emails; (C) technical hardware, software or network failures of any kind, including lost, unavailable network or interrupted satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), websites, telephone, cable or other connections; (D) any jumbled, incomplete, garbled, corrupted, scrambled, failed, delayed, or misdirected transmissions; (E) hardware, software or network malfunctions; (F) other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, or electronic; (G) any damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes or downloading or uploading of any materials.
Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to (i) abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes, without notice or other obligation, in the event that Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes or the integrity or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is undermined in any respect, including due to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, labor dispute, tampering, malfeasance or other unlawful act, or if, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, hacking, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes which, in sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes; (ii) determine winners from entries received prior to action taken, or as otherwise deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor; and/or (iii) disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry or judging or process or operation of the Sweepstakes. All entries submitted will become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
9. Names of Winners. To obtain the name of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Robert Bosch Tool Corporation, 1800 West Central Road, Mt. Prospect, IL 60056, Attention: Aaron Roecker, or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading Vermont American Carbon Steel Hole Saw Sweepstakes Winners. All such requests must be received by October 31, 2014.
Sponsored by Robert Bosch Tool Corporation
1800 West Central Road, Mount Prospect, IL 60056
All rights reserved